As we are now approaching 2017, I’ve seen a few shows catch my eye recently that I would love to see. The last performance I saw in the theatre was The Phantom of the Opera (which was incredible) and so now I’m compiling a list of all the other shows I’d like to see. Some have been running in the West End for a while, and others are newer shows, so if you’re looking for an evenings entertainment I hope this will give you some ideas:
- Hamilton. Everyone is talking about this musical, and thankfully it is coming to London in 2017 (it may be impossible to get tickets, but this show about the history of American politics is definitely one to watch).
- Rent. There is a touring production of Rent that may be on its way to a theatre near you soon, so keep a look out (their recording of Seasons of Love was released on their social media and the cast sound fantastic).
- Dream Girls. Starring one of my favourite actress’ (Amber Riley) I’m so excited to see this show because the music is incredible and with a cast that talented, it’s going to be a great show.
- Mamma Mia. I find it strange that I haven’t already seen this smash hit musical, but as I’m in love with the film and the soundtrack, I think this fun filled show will be a must see for me next year.
- School of Rock. This musical recently opened, and as a Lloyd-Webber fan who loves the original film, I think I would definitely enjoy this show.
- Side show. With a very limited run, you’ll have to get in quick to see this one, but I think it will be worth it (it features some great songs such as I Will Never Leave You and Come Look at the Freaks).
- The Book of Mormon. Again, I’m not sure why I still haven’t seen this show. It’s soundtrack is brilliant, and I think it would be hilarious and enjoyable to watch.
Let me know if you’ve seen any of these shows and what you thought of them. Also, if there’s any shows on your theatre wish list that you think other people should know about, you can also let me know in the comments.