It’s November! One of my favourite months as it is now the lead up to Christmas, and my birthday is this month. So I thought I’d share some of my favourite “N” things…
1) NeverLand the home of Peter Pan. The Disney animated version is one of my all time favourite films, and the music is gorgeous, so I’ll definitely be getting this DVD out this month.
2) Niall Horan from One Direction. Now this may seem a bit off topic for this blog, but of course people who love musicals also have other music that they enjoy listening to. They are one of my favourite bands and I’ve loved them ever since they were on the X factor, but I’m not a crazed fangirl. I really like their latest song “Steal My Girl” and I’m really looking forward to the release of their new album!
3) Narnia (aka The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe). I adore these films, especially the 1st and 3rd. They are beautifully made, and the soundtrack is amazing! My favourite is the soundtrack to the first film, so I recommend you give that a listen. It’s also very appropriate to the current season as it’s now starting to become winter, so it’s perfect for watching at this time of year.
4) New York. Now, I have never been to New York but I can tell you this; it looks stunning at Christmas time! I am hoping to go in a few years time for a visit (mainly to see Broadway), but also just to be amazed by the scenery. For now though, I can just flick through photos of it and dream that one day I’ll make it there.
5) Newsies, with music by Alan Menken. I love this show! The soundtrack is great, and although it’s not one of my favourite musicals ever I still love to listen to it’s music now and again.
6) Next to Normal, with music by Tom Kitt. I have never seen this musical, but I have heard many a person rave about how good it is. So this month I’m going to listen to the soundtrack to see what all the fuss is about, and maybe I will have some new songs to add to my musical favourites playlist.
7) Lindsay Lohan (there is an n in Lohan I promise). Now you may think this one is cheating, but I just couldn’t resist adding this in. She is starring in David Mamet’s Speed-The-Plow, which originally featured Madonna. Now when I first heard this news a while ago, I wasn’t sure what to think. I love her in films such as “Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen”, but I didn’t know if theatre was for her. But it appears her West End debut is the talk of the town, and the Observer’s review even states that Miss Lohan is the best thing about the production! So maybe, I will give her a chance, and go and see this spectacle this month.
8) Nicole Scherzinger. This is similar to the last one, but Andrew Lloyd Webber’s new production of Cats is due to open on the 6th of December 2014 and Nicole will be playing Grizabella. I am not the biggest fab of her work, although I do admit she is a good singer. But I worry she will not have the same technique that a trained musical theatre performer will have, even though she is a talented pop artist. Also, she is no Elaine Paige. But I may be being too quick to judge, so I will wait until her reviews come out, and then decide if I will go and see the show or not.
So that’s all for now, although I do have many more things I could have included in this post, but I do not want to go on for too long.
My blog is nearing 700 views, which may not seem like a lot, but I’m so happy with this! I started this blog just as a space to publish my thoughts, but I love the fact that people read it, so thank you. I will start posting more regularly, and I would love to take requests as to what I write about. So if you have a topic you want me to cover, please comment on this post, tweet me (@justamusicalgal), or email me: email@example.com
I Look forward to hearing from some of you! Happy November.